John Leland Greer, age 85, beloved husband and father, was called to his eternal resting place on Thursday, December 17, 2020. He entered the world on November 9, 1935 in Topeka, KS, born to Roy and Marion Greer. He is survived by his wife, Judith Ann Greer; sister, Joan Snodgrass; son, Brandon Greer (Suzanne); son, Brett Greer (Dana); grandchildren, Trey, Taylor (Joey), Reagan, Ryan, Britton, and Keye; and four great-grandchildren.
John graduated from East High School in Wichita, KS in 1954. From there he went on to graduate with a degree in architecture from The University of Kansas in 1957.
During his years with Schaeffer and Associates in Wichita, KS, John was the lead project designer for many projects, including the Allen County Community College in Iola, KS, Anthony Harper High School in Anthony, KS, the Pizza Hut corporate offices in Wichita, KS, the Kansas Museum of History in Topeka, KS, and the Ablah Library at Wichita State University.
After his time in Kansas, John moved to Albuquerque, where he was recognized and awarded for many of his projects. Among these are:
• 1981 Award of Merit for NMSU Grants Campus
• 1988 Interior Design and Urban Design Award for Santa Fe Community College
• 1988 Architectural Portfolio for Educational Design Excellence for SFCC
• 1988 Award for Excellence in Architecture for SFCC
• 1991 James D MacConnell Award for Educational Facility Excellence for SFCC
• 1993 Associated General Contractors Architectural Engineering Excellence Award for SFCC
• 2000 State of New Mexico Governor's Committee on the Handicapped Outstanding Architectural Firm
2002 Best Building Award for San Juan College Health and Human Performance Center
• 2002 Who's Who of Architecture
John will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate memorial donations to the American Cancer Society
. Please visit our online guestbook for John at www.FrenchFunerals.com
FRENCH – Wyoming
7121 Wyoming Blvd. NE